I was on cloud nine when my pregnancy test came positive, but soon reality bit me.The ahhs, ohhs and touches became quite frequent. My back and legs started hurting a lot and periodic muscle spasms gave me sleepless nights.
Our body undergoes a lot of changes during pregnancy. So pain in different parts of the body is very common, both during and after pregnancy.
Some of the most common pains that women experience in and after pregnancy are:
This happens due to hormonal imbalance, muscle stretch, improper posture or excess weight in the body. In rare cases, the reason can also be sciatica, where a bulge on the sciatic nerve can cause radiating pain. This leads to severe lower back pain, both during and post pregnancy.
Feet pain may be due to swollen legs due to lack of Vitamin D, or swollen ankles due to fluid retention. It can also be due to round ligaments, hormonal changes, lack of rest, stress, and weight gain.
Varicose Veins, where the veins get compressed, restricting blood flow to the feet, can cause aches, numbness and tingling sensations.
Over-probation can be another reason, where the foot arch flattens due to weight and the feet roll inwards while walking. This can cause inflammation in the tissues, causing pain.
Edema is an accumulation of extra blood in the foot, especially during the later part of pregnancy, causing swelling and thus pain.
One more condition, known as Charley Horses, where sudden muscle spasms occur due to dehydration and reducing levels of calcium in a pregnant woman, can also cause foot pain. Sometimes, a very rare and life-threatening
deep vein thrombosis happens due to blood clot can also cause excessive pain in one leg.
Cramps are quite common during and after pregnancy. However, some abdominal pains can become severe, hence necessary precautions need to be taken. It may be due extra weight during pregnancy or the post-delivery pain due to stitches during a C-section.
Indigestion and heat burns cause acute chest pain. Acid reflux is a common symptom during pregnancy, which fades away gradually in the postpartum days. Breathlessness, widening of the rib cage, stress, enlargement of breasts might also be probable causes of chest pain.
Ovarian pain during pregnancy can be caused by the ovarian cyst, bacterial infection, baby weight, bladder infection, kidney stones and other internal inconsistencies. However, ovarian pain hardly persists during the postpartum period.This can be serious, so don’t take it lightly.
This can be due to childbirth, which rapidly subsides post pregnancy. It can also be Symphonic pubis dysfunction (SPD), where the cartilaginous joint becomes too elastic, causing a nagging pain in the pubic and pelvic areas.
As I got busy with my motherhood responsibilities after delivery, I ignored and neglected the pains. But, soon they started taking a toll on my health. Thankfully, my doctor prescribed me a proper treatment, which helped me to get rid of them.
A proper diet, regular exercises, both during (which I had totally ignored) and after pregnancy and healthy walking are the best remedies. For severe ones, body massage with the right kind of oil or lotions can benefit.
Apart from that, I found out that using Epsom Salt can be a good remedy for body pains.
Epsom salt comprises of magnesium and sulfate, which are known to have healing properties, especially for different forms of arthritis, pain in joints, osteoporosis and other problems. More than 325 enzymes in the human body require magnesium to function properly. Magnesium helps to stimulate nerve and muscle function, reduce inflammation and increase oxygen and blood flow in the body. Hence, Magnesium deficiency can lead to different types of nerve problems, including depression.
Epsom Salt being a good source of magnesium helps in relieving pain, and can be a good remedy for moms. If you know the right usage, you can easily use it for quick relief from pain, mostly without any side effects. It can be consumed both orally and transcendentally, in the right proportions, both during pregnancy and after child birth. The important things to consider in your Epsom salt is:
- Grain size is important to ensure that it dissolves quickly, and minimizes wastage
- The transparency is one of the indicators of its purity
- Should be odorless – especially since your olfactory senses are at a heightened state now!
Using Mama Earth Epsom Salt Bath Flakes for Moms-to-be can be a great way to start off. The grains dissolves easily giving a transparent and odorless water. Soaking in it can be very relaxing! Its dermatological tested in Europe.It is Asia’s first MadeSafe Certified personal products brand.
Made Safe which works with a large panel of experts containing pediatricians, dermatologists & scientists has certified Mama earth’s body wash as safest product for mothers. As it is free from harmful chemicals like parables, sulfates, phosphates, mineral oil, synthetic fragrances or dyes.
Using Mama-earth’s Epsom salt bath flakes while bathing, along with your body wash, for soaking in the tub, soaking your feet, or using as a volumizer along with your hair products are great ways to get rid of your aches and pains.
Using MAMAEARTH’S Epsom Salt is beneficial because:
- Relaxes muscle pain and reduces inflammation: A warm bath with Epsom salt can heal cuts and reduce swelling from sprains. It also helps with bronchial asthma. For pregnant women, it can work wonders for their body pains.
- Reduces stress: Magnesium deficiency can induce stress, so a nice bath with Epsom salt can help reduce stress levels for anyone.
- Eliminates Toxins: Epsom salt contains sulfates, which helps to flush out harmful toxins from the body. A nice half an hour bath can be a good detoxifying experience.
- Reduces Constipation: Using Epsom salt orally can work as a laxative to reduce constipation. However, you should consult a doctor become administering anything, especially if you are pregnant.
- Increases Magnesium Count: Epsom salt is full of magnesium, so whenever it comes in contact with your body or you take orally, it tends to increase magnesium levels, which is essential for a mother during pregnancy.
- Controls Blood Sugar Levels: Using Epsom salt orally or transcendentally, can regulate your blood sugar levels because magnesium prevents the risk developing diabetes and improves daily energy levels.
- Volumizes Hair: Epsom salt can reduce excess oil in the hair and give it a full and bouncy look. Mix it with your conditioner and apply after shampooing to give good results.
So, apart from being a pain reliever, using MamaEarth’s Epsom Salt has manifold benefits, especially for a pregnant woman. So, next time you experience excruciating body pain, consider using MamaEarth Epsom Salt Bath Flakes, along with your regular treatment, to get the optimum benefits and comfort.